Monday, January 7, 2008

I Am...

All that I am, is all that I am.
Quiet, calm, sincere, and withdrawn.
Yet I am more than what is seen.
I am a poetic lover, a child of dreams,
Whose big eyes glow
At the new world my beloved night brings.
My knight of the night
Is the apple of my eye, the beholder of my being,
And my prince among thieves.
And still,
All that you see,
Is not
All that you may get.
For I have much to give to those who ask,
Who need, and who seek.
Those who ask, will be given the elaborate.
While those who need may be set aside the gentle.
And to those who seek,
Will be specified the great and enlightening.
Though I may appear solitary and delicate,
All that I am,
Isn’t all that I am.
Underneath a well made mask,
Hides a female of great complexity.
I am loud, untamed, strong, open.
I remain one who knows
When she needs to be heard,
Noticed,
Or cares to be focused upon.
One who is unbroken,
And true to her instincts.
Deadly and frightening,
Though they may occasionally be.
I am that which is strong.
My body itself may be of little muscle,
And physical strength,
But inwardly I have
The strength of many.
I am able to hold my own
When under emotional attack,
Or in a losing battle against a master
Of the tongue’s fiery arts.
Throughout my time I am open to all,
Though all may not be open to me.
I share my secrets willingly, and give the advice of experience
When sharing moments of past.
For all who wish to know meI paint the picture of my past before them, and help them to understand
That which is their own piece
Of past and present intermingling.
Though I may be strong and untamed,
I have fears of many.
My fears be
Of the spider that crawls ‘cross my floor in the eve,
Of loss of all that I hold close and dear,
Of doubt that causes my tears of dread.
If the spider I see,
I scream in terror.
If my loved one were to be lost to me forever,
I would surely die of fright,
Or drown in my tears.
Hard to explain are my fears of doubt.
For they belong not to reasons of my mind,
But to the reasons
Of my heart.
I am not one to ask for more than I need,
Nor one to be dissatisfied with what I may be given.
But alas, there be things that I do wish for.
To see the sun set o’er the sea deep
From the Californian shoreline;
To see a sparkle in my lover’s eye
As he vows his love for me;
To see the rise of the sun
For another day amongst my joys and fears, alike.
This is me.
This is all that I am.
Although I may not
Necessarily be only
What you see.
I am me.

No comments: