Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Lover's Declaration

Deeper than any ocean.
Wider than outer space.
Do you even understand
That every time you take my hand,
My heartbeat grows in pace,
My faith in you , with it?
Do you really know
That every time you go,
My heart is left in pieces?
Almost invisibly small pieces?
My head reels at the thought
That there could e'er be a day
When someone else could take you.
Take everything away.
Everything I have to live for;
Everything I need;
What crazy fool gave you the thought
That someday I'd up and leave?
My mind is ever spinning.
I'm losing all control.
Why do you have to question me?
Must you doubt this fragile soul?
I wish that you could see,
I wish that you could feel,
The tormenting pain inside
That I face with this ordeal.
You doubting sends me messages
More than you could know.
But to this I am still hoping
That someday you shall know,
That through the pain
And through the hurt,
And through the Devil's torture,
I'll always be here
Standing by you
To remind you that I love you.

No comments: