Sunday, December 23, 2007

Forgetful Loving

My soul is aching.
My heart is breaking.
The tears I cry,
I cry while shaking.
My mind is spinning;
I’m so confused.
What did I say?
What did I do?

But it’s too late to fix it,
Whatever I did.
You’re already gone;
I want to be dead.
All I can think
Is, Wow, I messed up.
I hope he’ll forgive me,
That my love is enough.

I sit in the dark,
Crying and alone,
When you come back
Through the door,
And ask why I’m broken.
I tell you my side
Of this story you wrote.
How it’s etched in my heart,
Tearing my soul.

You come and sit with me.
You say there’s no need to be alone.
You tell me you love me,
And swear to never let me go.
I look up into your eyes,
Still hurt and confused.
But in them I see reassurance,
Something I could use.

I tell you I’m sorry,
You say it’s okay.
I needn’t be sorry.
I wasn’t why you went away.
You say that you left
Because you’re parents were coming.
You say you wanted to greet them
When they came for our big day.

No comments: